Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Watching, Waiting

A recent jump through a wormhole landed me far from known space, though the numerous control towers throughout the system told me that it was known to more than a few. However, my directional scanner failed to find any active combat ships, even after I broadcasted my intrusion by spreading probes to cover all of the planets. Feeling safe enough, I gave word to my comrade to jump through, and seconds later my wingmate appeared beside me: Jhaelee de'Auvrie.

Our drakes made short work of the sleeper camps we ran into. I didn't like the ship much myself but I'd be goddamn lying if it didn't make the whole affair a lot easier. There was one point where she informed me that she had forgotten to bookmark the coordinates for the exit wormhole and immediately thougths of leaving her here - for she lacked the equipment to scan it down - flashed through my mind. Leaving her here, stranded, the only way home coming at the cost of her ship and implants, seemed a good way to extract some revenge. However, it didn't last long; she knew the system on the otherside and could easily call out to the Knights for help in getting her out, and I'd be cast a villian. I could tell her that it collapsed behind me to remedy this, but even that had a chance to fail. Besides, the loss of her ship and implants would be a mere pinprick, hardly a suitable counter to the grievous wound her family inflicted.

No, leaving her here would only be a fun experiment in the short run, but a misstep in the long. So I'll wait until I have the opportunity to repay what her brother did, with interest. They say that Revenge is a dish best served cold, and one shouldn't rush the final act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.